1. Interpretation and Definitions
1. 1. Interpretation
1. 1. 1. The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
1. 2. Definitions
1. 2. 1. Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
1. 2. 2. Organisation (referred to as either “the Organisation”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to VicWISE Inc.
1. 2. 3. Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
1. 2. 4. Country refers to: Australia
1. 2. 5. Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
1. 2. 6. Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
1. 2. 7. Service refers to the Website.
1. 2. 8. Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Organisation to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Organisation in analysing how the Service is used.
1. 2. 9. Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
1. 2. 10. Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
1. 2. 11. Website refers to VicWISE website accessible from https://vicwise.org
1. 2. 12. You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, organisation or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
2. We respect your privacy
2. 1. 1. VicWISE respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors.
2. 1. 2. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
3. Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
3. 1. Types of Data Collected
3. 1. 1. Personal Data
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
a) Email address
b) First name and Last name
c) Contact number (such as mobile phone number)
d) Location of Your employment or name of Your employer
e) Location of Your studies or name of the education institute where You are studying or have recently completed studies.
f) Usage Data
3. 2. Usage Data
3. 2. 1. Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
3. 2. 2. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
3. 2. 3. When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
3. 2. 4. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
3. 3. Tracking Technologies and Cookies
3. 3. 2. The technologies We use may include:
3. 3. 2. 2. Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Organisation, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
3. 3. 3. Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?
3. 3. 4. We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
3. 3. 4. 1. Necessary / Essential Cookies
a) Type: Session Cookies
b) Administered by: Us
c) Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
3. 3. 4. 2. Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
a) Type: Persistent Cookies
b) Administered by: Us
3. 3. 4. 3. Functionality Cookies
a) Type: Persistent Cookies
b) Administered by: Us
c) Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
3. 4. Use of Your Personal Data
3. 4. 1. The Organisation may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
3. 4. 1. 1. To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
3. 4. 1. 2. To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
3. 4. 1. 3. For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
3. 4. 1. 4. To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
3. 4. 1. 5. To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
3. 4. 1. 6. To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
3. 4. 1. 7. For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
3. 4. 1. 8. For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
3. 4. 1. 9. With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
3. 5. Access to your personal information
3. 5. 1. You may request details of personal information that we hold about You in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If You would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on You is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com.
3. 5. 2. We reserve the right to refuse to provide You with information that we hold about You, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
3. 6. Retention of Your Personal Data
3. 6. 2. The Organisation will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
3. 7. Transfer of Your Personal Data
3. 7. 1. Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Organisation’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
3. 8. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
3. 8. 2. Law enforcement – Under certain circumstances, the Organisation may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
3. 8. 3. Other legal requirements – The Organisation may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
a) Comply with a legal obligation.
b) Protect and defend the rights or property of the Organisation.
c) Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
d) Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public.
e) Protect against legal liability.
3. 9. Security of Your Personal Data
3. 9. 1. VicWISE is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
3. 9. 3. The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
4. Links to Other Websites
4. 2. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
6. Complaints about privacy
6. 1. If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
7. Refund Policy
7. 1. All the services offered on this website are based on yearly subscription. If you are not satisfied with your subscription, you may cancel your subscription at any time by contacting us via our email. Any future payments due will be immediately cancelled. However, any payments already made will not be refunded, but you will be allowed to use our services until the end of the period you have been charged for.
8. Contact Us
8. 1. If you have any questions, you can contact us by email email@example.com or by post at 2 Eveline Street, Brunswick, VIC 3056, Melbourne, Australia.